What is Prosthodontic Treatment?
Prosthodontics is the aspect of dentistry dealing with rehabilitation and maintenance of oral function, comfort, appearance and health with biocompatible substitutes. Richard Crosby and Joao Afonso see patients at Charing Cross Practice for these treatments.
Among the types of people they assist are:
- People who have eating or speaking difficulties or where discomfort has been a repeated problem,
- People who desire an excellent natural appearance for their complete or partial denture,
- People whose natural teeth have become very worn or damaged,
- People who have or need the assistance of implants to support and retain or replace their dentures.
- People who have had surgery and need special types of dentures such as obturators.
In addition they are able to help with the construction of appliances to treat pain from the muscles and joint of the jaw, the Temperomandibular Joint or TMJ and appliances to assist with snoring and sleep apnoea.